A rundown of 5 things your insurance company will surely not tell you about your loss of income claim.
- If you are getting long term or short term disability from your employer, you can have your benefits topped up by your no fault insurer in some cases.
- You can almost always sue for lost wages and lost economic opportunity. This is true even if your claim is not over threshold.
- You do not have to use your banked sick days or employment insurance before receiving income replacement benefits from your no fault insurer.
- Even if you were not working at the time of the motor vehicle accident you may still qualify for disability benefits from your own insurance company. You may also be able to sue for lost wages and economic losses.
- If you are permanently disabled from doing your job as a result of a car accident, your insurance company has an obligation to retrain you for other employment similar to the job you were doing before the crash.