In Ontario the car accident benefits you are entitled to are set by the Ontario provincial government.
However you can buy optional car accident benefits or no fault benefits. These optional benefits are usually inexpensive and definitely worth looking into. You should discuss these optional benefits with your insurance broker when you are renewing your automobile insurance.
The optional benefits you can purchase include:
- An increase in the maximum income replacement benefit from $400 a week to $600, $800 or $1000 per week.
- An increase in the maximum caregiver benefit.
- An increase in the maximum medical, rehabilitation and attendant care benefits
- An increase in the duration that medical, rehabilitation and attendant care benefits are payable.
- An increase in the amount of death and funeral benefit.
- Indexation of some of the benefits
You don’t have to buy all of the optional car accident benefits. You can pick and choose the ones that you feel you need.