It is in your best interests to confirm that you are getting everything you are entitled to, and rest assured knowing your insurance company is treating you fairly. You should also call to find out if you have a claim against the insurance company of the driver responsible for the motor vehicle accident.
Most personal injury lawyers, including me, do not charge for an initial consultation. So you have nothing to lose!
However, if any of the following has happened, you should call a personal injury lawyer immediately:
- The insurance company has rejected any claim you have submitted
- You have heard nothing about housekeeping or attendant care benefits
- The insurance company wants you to see their doctor
- The insurance company wants to send someone to your home
- The insurance company wants to send someone to your work place
- The insurance company wants to talk to your doctor, employer or therapist
- You have been off work for more than a week or two
- It has been at least 3 months since your car accident and you are still having a lot of problems
- The other person’s insurance company wants to talk to you
- You think that you might be under surveillance
- The insurance company wants you to give a statement under oath