When you make a personal injury claim you can get compensation for:
- General damages: this is damages for pain and suffering and loss of enjoyment of life.
- Past, present and future lost wages and lost profit.
- Unpaid medical and rehabilitation expenses.
- Future medical and rehabilitation expenses.
- Past, present and future housekeeping and home maintenance expenses.
- Loss of economic opportunity and loss of marketability.
- Compensation for close family member for loss of care, guidance and companionship; and actual services provided.
- Costs: this is the insurances company’s contribution to your legal fees.